Connecting to a NAS, problems with multiple users

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nicroma, Nov 16, 2009.

1. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

I have a NAS and I have connected to it using Snow Leopard with multiple users and I have Fast User Switching enabled (I don't know if that is related).

However, when I connect with both users on my new iMac to my NAS, one of the users always ends up with an icon with the name of the network drive on the desktop twice. Which ever user ends up with it twice, one of the icons looks like a drive icon and the other icon looks like a folder with a red "no" symbol on it. The drive icon works fine from both users.

Depending on which user connected to it first, the other user ends up with the folder (with the red "no" symbol) with the same name as the drive on the desktop. The folder also tells me that I do not have permission to access it, however both users have access the NAS through the drive icon.

I hope that makes sense... :(

Anyway, both users connect to my NAS using the same credentials. Could that be causing the problem, or is this a Snow Leopard bug?

If this should be in the server/networking forum, please let me know. I thought this issue was more consumer based so I asked it here. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. nicroma thread starter macrumors 6502a

nicroma