Connecting to My Wi-Fi -- Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dwhittaker, Jul 5, 2007.

1. dwhittaker macrumors newbie

I have successfully connected to my Wi-Fi by going to "Settings", "Wi-Fi", and selecting my router SSID. I have it locked down by Mac Addresses alone and an not broadcasting my SSID.

My Issue is that when the phone goes to sleep or I come back to my house the phone does not automatically connect to the Wi-Fi. I have to manually connected for it to work... How can I get it to do it automatically?

2. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

I have this setup as well. The iPhone gave me problems with the hidden SSID, then I deleted the setup (in iPhones), recreated it, and it's been working without issue since. Don't know why, but you may want to try deleting and re-creating as well.

3. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

The iphone will reconnect after it wakes up. My netgear router gives it a new address rather quickly.

4. dwhittaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I am trying it, hopefully that will do it... I had to take wep off because it would connect the first time, but then it woudl error out stating could not join network...

5. dwhittaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep that fixed it.... weird I thought I did that like 6 times already... :)