Connecting to School's Wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by basesloaded190, Sep 8, 2008.

1. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I am able to see my campuses Wifi and when i go to choose them my Ipod takes me to a certificate screen and says it isn't verified and all i can press is accept. What do i need to do to be able to access this network?

2. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

yeah my school does the same thing, I go to Algonquin in Ottawa

3. macattack1234 macrumors newbie

well, youll have to go to the IS department @ your school. But when you go, be carefull, Advance IS Departments will write down info from your ipod and will then be able to see what you are doing. For example, my highschool does not permit use of youtube on its network, so if they look @ my records, they can send my to the principal. Just be observant, if he does write anything down, they are not tracking you.

4. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

wifi

the fact that your school even permits the use of ipods on the network is great. I talked to IS and they said it was against the policy to allow internet devices other than laptops.

5. rdf8585 macrumors regular

I'm thinking of getting an iPod touch, largely for the wi-fi capabilities and to use such capabilities at my university. But if my university doesn't allow iPods to connect to the network, then I'd be better off just getting a new Nano.

6. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

Wow... I'm amazed at the restrictive policies of some schools. My university just setup a wireless network specifically for non-laptop devices, PDAs and such.