Connecting To TV?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Confuzzeled23, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I have ordered my first Macbook and my first Mac. The Aluminum 2.0 Ghz. I have ordered the mini-dp to DVI connecter as I am planning on connection it to my LCD 26" HDTV. I was wondering however, when I do this with my Dell, windows XP laptop, I set it to a higher resolution instead of the native 1366x768 of the TV the picture looks crystal clear (as with some resolutions it looks kind of blurry) however the picture ends up being off the screen. With a normal computer monitor you can stretch and move it with the actual monitor settings. However, are you able to do this with a TV? As I don't really want to use the native resolution of the TV because it causes me to lose a lot of desktop space. I was hoping to set it to a larger resolution since its a much bigger screen. So, simply. I was wondering if I am able to set it at a larger resolution, and if there was some kind of program etc. to make it so I can change the sides of the screen to fit into the viewable space of my television.

Thanks for any help. :apple: Hope you understand what I am trying to ask :)

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Your TV has a certain amount of pixels, therefore you can't go any higher.