Connecting to uni wifi

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snowydog, Sep 26, 2011.

1. snowydog macrumors 6502

Hi

I'm having trouble connecting to uni wifi.

We have to choose the wireless network called student. So I do that and it connects.

Then open to web browser and type in my user number and password.....the button to press continue changes to say submit and then nothing happens and I can't get on to the Internet...

The uni use Trapeze Network SYstems and it requires a login in the web browser to continue on to browse.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ask your university's IT department. Why would you not ask them to begin with?

3. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm awaiting an email back as the people at the leRning resource centre really didn't have a clue. Handed me instructions to log on through an apple mac?...the she asked another guy and he said It should work the same way...

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I actually had a similar issue with my first gen iPad when I connect to my college Wi-Fi network. I did a hard reset and everything is fine now. Not sure why I couldn't before.

5. sbddude macrumors 6502a

try rebooting the ipad, and if that doesn't work "reset network settings"

6. Angra-mainju macrumors regular

i'm a university student. your uni runs a proxy, you need to set it up in network preferences

7. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi everyone .... Solved my problem..... After connecting to the uni wireless there's a log in screen for us to put in user number and password.....when I did that in dolphin browser nothing happened..........so tried rebooting....still didn't work......then after another while I tried it in safari and it worked fine...was I logged in I could use dolphin, the apps, email...everything...

Weird...