Connecting to Wi-Fi requires reboot - help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sheza, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

Hey,

I would take my iPhone to college every day, and the 3G would work just fine. However, when I get home its says it's connected to the WiFi network but refuses to connect to the internet and there's no WiFi bars on the status bar. This is fixed with a reboot. Also note that my college has a WiFi network but I don't connect to it because it's all fire-walled.

It's annoying to reboot and shouldn't really be happening. I have a Jailbroken 4.1 with Limera1n and I've removed LockInfo, SBSettings and Winterboard to no avail.

So - can anyone help me? Or is a restore the only way (thus loosing JB and not having a tethered JB for current iSO version) I am not bothered about unlock status of my phone.

Thanks!

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Have you tried Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. If you have and that doesn't help. Might be time to "Restore As New".:(

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

4.2.1 has a non-tethered jb. If you have your blobs, it's not too hard to stay on 4.1.