Connecting to Windows Printer Wirelessly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DeanCorp, Jul 14, 2007.

1. DeanCorp macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I have a Fuji Xerox 203A Printer connected via USB to my PC. I have tried for months now to try and print from my mac to my Windows Printer without any success in Tiger. However, in Leopard I was able to print to the Windows Printer with no problems or troubles. Therefore, I know it is possible to print on the mac to the printer. I just want to know what is stopping me or how I can bypass it to print in Tiger.

Thanks

DeanCorp

2. reubs macrumors 68000

I once had Tiger set up to print wirelessly to an HP 1200 series, but I can't get it to work again for the life of me. So I'm with DeanCorp here, and I could really use some help also.

3. pinkie macrumors newbie

I got my really, really old hp laserjet 6L to print on tiger (it's connected to my PC also). I couldn't get it to work, even after downloading extra drivers, until I shortened the name of my shared printer in Windows. It wasn't a long name to begin with -- but I shortened the share name of the printer to 5 letters in Windows, and then it showed up under my windows workgroup name & the networked pc name in the printer browser box on the Mac. I don't know WHY it worked, but it did!!

4. DeanCorp thread starter macrumors member

The thing is mine shows up. I can add the network printer, I just can't print to it or anything. It definately works in Leopard at least I know one reason to upgrade :)

DeanCorp

5. oxymoron2007 macrumors member

I have the same problem. I have tried to connect to a printer connected to my PC (HP Officejet All-In-One) and it does connect; however, when I send anything to print from my Macbook the printer prints one page w/three lines that seem like information about the print job and then endless feeds blank sheets of paper until I cancel the print job. It's been a real pain having to save to my network and then print directly from the PC. I connected the printer to my Macbook successfully throught Windows Vista (on Boot Camp) so I don't see why Tiger doesn't have seamless network printer integration. I tried to install drivers from HP's website but that did nothing. Anyone have any answers? Thanks!

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This question has been asked and answered 1,235,418 times on this forum. You cannot use the USB driver to communicate with your printer. You must use a compatible CUPS driver from Gutenprint or elsewhere. Search on CUPS this forum for the requisite links. This has now been answered answered 1,235, 419 times.

7. Bow Rekk macrumors member

I'm having trouble seeing the pc the work group. It used to show up but doesn't anymore. I have no idea how to get it back. I just have the mac in the workgroup.

How do I get my PC to be 'seen'?