Connecting to wireless internet....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joppin14, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Joppin14 macrumors newbie

At my house.... connecting to the internet is easy trough my server.

I'm at a buddies house right now and I can't get onto the internet for nothing.

It asked for a password when I clicked on it, and I typed in "admin" and it said that I was on.

It says I'm connected in the top left (with the three bars and whatnot), but when I try to get onto a simple website (Google), it says that I am not connected to the internet.

I look closer at the wireless netwrok I'm trying to connect to, and (under DHCP, whatever that means) the only things that are filled in are IP ADDRESS and SUBNET MASK. I try to find the DNS (going to 'run' and type in ipconfig/all on my Windows... IDK what you would do on a Mac) and find two DNS codes.

I try the first one, and when I try to connect to the Internet, it doesn't say that the internet isn't connected... it loads for a couple minutes and then after a while it says that the server has timed out.

I don't know what a "Router" or "Search Domains" or "Client ID" means...

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

u probably typed the pw in rong. i no that verizon routers will let u in w/o a correct pw, but u cant get 2 the internet or file sharing. i did the same thing at my friends house and it looked like it was connected, then i realized the pw was rong and tried again.

3. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

the password is probably incorrect or you have a bad connection, try turning airport off and on.