Connecting TV to Macbook wirelessly...but can't

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by PW168, Nov 1, 2010.

1. PW168 macrumors member

Hi,
    I bought a new Samsung LED HDTV which is internet enabled. The internet TV works well and is picking up signals wirelessly from my Airport Extreme base.

I was then hoping to connect my macbook wirelessly to my new TV for watching movies out of iTune. This where I am having problems. Apparently I need to download from Samsung a software called 'PC Share Manager' before I could do this. As the the name suggests, the software can only be executed in PC environment and not Mac. I tried downloading this software and tried running it, but it won't run on my Mac, therefore, I am not able to connect my mac to my TV wirelessly. :mad:

Any suggestions to tackle this problem would be very welcomed. :)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What exactly is this software supposed to do? It sounds like a network management utility that you may not need. My sense is that you want to stream video from your Mac. It may be possible to do this, but my review of the apps available for download from Samsung's website gives no indication that it is. The streaming apps allow streaming from commercial sites like YouTube and Hulu, not your computer.

3. huntercr macrumors 65816

I believe Samsung's Wireless follows the DLNA standard, so you just need to install a DLNA server on your Mac.

Apparently there aren't any great free DLNA services for mac, but there are some shareware ones. Theres a couple of different solutions offered here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=745430

Hope this helps!