Connecting WiFi at Barnes and Noble

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wolfpackfan, Mar 1, 2011.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Has anyone else run across this problem with their iPads? Whenever I try to connect to the AT&T WiFi at Barnes and Noble it takes a long time (a minute) for the initial B&N connect screen to appear. I can then connect fine with no problems. But the initial wait is rather annoying. I have the same problem regardless of which B&N I am connecting from. I have no problems when connecting via AT&T at Starbucks, just Barnes and Nobles. I have deleted the connection multiple times, rebooted, etc. but nothing seems to fix the issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Maybe it's just that particular b&n you're visiting. Have you tried others?

3. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, I've had the same issue at four different stores.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW I ran into this yesterday myself. While my iPhone connected immediately, the iPad took forever.

B

5. gusanitoverde macrumors 6502

gusanitoverde

I have noticed the same.

Interestingly, I noticed that it just takes too long in connecting if you are too far from the wireless signal. I would recommend, find the spot where the hotspot is at and get as close as you can. you should have better results.

6. PopCulture macrumors member

This happens all the time with my Nook. The closer I get, the better the service.