connecting xbox 360 to Airport Extreme Wirelss Network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SBinDC, Jan 4, 2010.

1. SBinDC macrumors newbie

I apologize in advance if this has been answered before (I couldn't find an answer using search). I have an Airport Extreme wireless network in my home that works great. I just got an xbox 360 with the latest wireless adapter ("N" type) and when I try to set up the xbox to work wirelessly, the setup "fails" - xbox either can't "see" my home wireless network or else can't attach to it. Any suggestions how I can fix this problem?

Thanks.

2. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

Is the Xbox's firmware up to date? If not, try changing the network encryption to WPA instead of WPA2 (if you're using WPA2).

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Just curious... does wireless gaming with the Xbox actually work at acceptable framerates?

4. chill. macrumors 6502

yes, xbox live right now is the leader in online console gaming, with playstation network a close second, and wii online is atrocious

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

there are A LOT of questions re guarding the XBOX wireless N adapter.
    http://forums.xbox.com/1366/ShowForum.aspx

It seems that it is something to do with the wireless adapter. I have an XBOX 360 and an Airport Extreme, but I use a crossover Cat6 cable, so i dont know about the wireless adapter.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Even on a wireless connection? PC gaming over wireless leaves something to be desired.

7. chill. macrumors 6502

really? i've found my wireless connection to be very satisfactory for pc gaming, even for games like counter-strike with its 10 year old netcode. i have a g router also and a pretty weak signal strength

what games are you playing that require so much bandwith?

8. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I have a 360, and originally had the xbox wireless G attachment. I never had a problem at all connecting to my AEBS (dual band) for the month I had that setup.

Prior to AEBS I had a Linksys WRT150N...which, after I got the AEBS, I hacked for DD-WRT firmware and now use that unit as my xbox wireless adapter by turning it into a wireless bridge. Works flawlessly.

Attached is how I have my settings in the port mapping area of the AEBS.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views: