Connecting XBOX 360

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Edandlindz28, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

I am confused and need some help. Can I connect wirelessly the Xbox with the MS wireless adaptor attached with my macbook connection broadcasting wirelessly? don't want to use an ethernet cord, nor do I have a router. Thanks. I have done lots of reading on this but get more confused than ever.

2. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I think your best bet is to get a router, use an ethernet cord too. It's faster and then you don't have to pay for an overpriced wifi adapter.

4. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

Yes, I believe it is possible. Is it a lot more work than necessary when a <40 router will do the job, and will allow you to use your macbook wirelessly also.

If you do want to do it the hard way, you need to plug the ethernet cable into your macbook. make sure it can access the internet. then you need to turn on internet connection sharing in the sharing section of system preferences. then allow it to share your connection from ethernet to airport. Click "airport options" and configure a password. Then turn on your xbox. Connecting to the newly created wireless network should be the same as connecting to a normal wireless network.

Note: I haven't done this specifically with an xbox 360, but I have created a wireless network on the go sharing my bluetooth modem with another laptop while traveling in the car. not too bad with EVDO rev a.

5. Edandlindz28 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help, I got it all figured out.

6. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Can you share what you did? I am using an xBox 360 with the wireless adapter and I can't get it to see my airport extreeme at all. I read somewhere that you need to change the security to WEP which I've done on my airport but still nothing. Any pointers you have would be appreciated...Thanks!