iPhone 7(+) Connection between iOS and gaming.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bellevue, Mar 2, 2018.

1. bellevue macrumors newbie

Hello. First time posting here, but I've been reading the forum for a while now. Very helpful and informative! Unfortunately, now I have come to ask for help.

My situation is that I'm currently playing a game -it's like an adventure game- and the size of the document and data keeps getting bigger. It's 1.7 GB now. The size of the game itself is only 50 MB. I thought it was normal, until I talked with someone else and was told that their game which has progressed way further than mine, only took up 140 MB in their doc and data.

I'm using an iphone 7, and the person is also an iphone user. The difference is that I'm still running iOS 10 and they already updated to iOS 11. Interestingly, there's also someone else with iOS 10 who also has a huge sized data.

Is it possible that my running 10 is the problem here or there's no correlation whatsoever. I've been putting off the update and I really would rather not if I can, but now I'm faced with this scenario. But I also don't want to update only to have the issue remains. The game requirement is iOS 9 or later.

Any suggestion is appreciated! Thanks.

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I have apps that get bloated from time to time. I just delete them and reinstall. I would make sure you don't lose your data though.

3. bellevue thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I do that with some apps like instagram and twitter too, just never did it with my games cos I'm wary of losing data.

I should probably try to reinstall the game before updating the iOS. Though, technically is it possible that the iOS is the issue?

4. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

No an expert but if the game is designed to run on iOS 10 it shouldn't.