connection drop when windows join connection

Discussion in 'macOS' started by s1rallye, Jan 1, 2010.

1. s1rallye macrumors newbie

hello,

I have owned my mac for some time now. I have an IMAC 24" and a macbook 13" black. Have owned the Imac for nearly 2 years and macbook for about a year. Absolutely love them and i made the switch from windows for various reasons.

After switching our ISP to "talk talk" (UK) I have noticed that when a windows machine boots up and the wireless is detected my internet connection either drops or cuts out all together. Sometimes having to reset the router. This doesn't always work though. This happens when either an acer laptop running XP Pro or Asus laptop running vista connects.

Im not sure if this is to do with the isp or weather its something in the mac that i could resolve.

I have tried contacting them but usually put through to a call center in India or talk to someone with a strong Indian decent accent. I personally find it hard understanding them so prefer not to call as i feel im being rude constantly asking them to repeat. Also tried signing up to the talk talk forum but it ask for my home number and also a number we was issued with when we bought the package, and i for the life of me cant find it!

Has anyone else had this problem were he internet connection drops? It's fine if i have macbook and imac running at the same time but when the windows joins connection drops or just fails. If anyone else has had this please post.

Thankyou very much

Happy new year 2010 :)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

This may actually be a connection issue, and you just happen to notice it when the Windows Machine connects. You should send an e-mail to their support system saying that you are having connection issues and for them to verify that everything is OK to your modem. Also, is your modem also your wireless router? Some of the combination boxes have loose components, and so you are overtaxing the hardware with the initial connection from the Windows machine. It may also be a problem with the hardware in the Windows machine putting off some sort of interference. Take a look, and see what you can find.

TEG