Connection failed on external USB

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GoCubsGo, Jun 26, 2008.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have an external usb drive connected to my AEBS that I use for my iTunes library (mainly). I was transferring a file to the external from my desktop and changing the genre on about 40 music files all at once when iTunes crashed. It wouldn't close completely nor could I force quit. I had to shut down completely by pressing the power button on my computer until it turned off. I booted up and things seemed ok but I couldn't connect to the external. I rebooted and still no joy. I am not sure what to do to connect to it.
    Any thoughts?

2. froggytreafrogg macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

You most likely have tried this but unplug the USB and power from your external hard drive for a minute. Then plug it back in. If that doesn't get it, plug the external hd into another computer and see if it picks up there; if it does, reformat it in disk utility. Then try it again on your mac.

3. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I did that, except the reformat. ;) It didn't pick up at all. However, I just tried again this morning...I didn't leave the computer off, it was just sleeping. I think eventually whatever the issue was finally timed out and "released" itself. I think everything is working fine now.