"Connection Failed" when accessing MPB over network (Computer-Computer)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ajthomason, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Hi All,

I'm working on a friend's MPB and when ever I try to connect to it from mine (I created the network from my MPB which is almost identical to his), His MPB shows up in finder, but it always says "Connecting..." and then "Connection Failed"

Sharing is enabled on his MPB and the firewall is disabled. I have been through everything that I can think of to try and fix this, short of re-installing Leopard. His MBP came with Leopard pre-installed, so there is no need to worry about the upgrade messing things up.

I have checked from a MacBook and that one cannot connect either, but both connect to mine with no problems.

If you have any ideas, i would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

2. mojobaer macrumors newbie

Same problem

Finder shows my other iMac, but when I try and open it, it says Connection Failed. The iMac is on, set up for file sharing. Any ideas?

3. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

i also have this problem when i try to connect my powerbook to my imac or mbp. i can however connect through connect as...

what's the deal?

4. phinnaeus macrumors member

I have the same problem; my Mac Pro can connect to my Macbook Air no problem, but the Macbook Air cannot connect to the Mac Pro. I feel like there is some super obvious solution to this problem, but I am missing it. Anyone have thoughts?

5. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

i've had the same problem with all my afp shares, the following helped me:

1- Open the terminal application (Under Applications->Utilities)
    2- Enter:

sudo rm /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs
    sudo ln -s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

(Taken from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...2989&st=580)