Connection failed while logging into Mac App Store -- Anyone?

lyew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Hi

Just a few minutes ago I tried to download OS X Lion through Mac App Store. It prompts me for my Apple ID and password, but after having done this countless times, restarting Mac App Store, updating Snow Leopard, I still keep getting this Connection Failed message. Is anyone experiencing this too? Or is it just me?

Jurko

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Hi

Just a few minutes ago I tried to download OS X Lion through Mac App Store. It prompts me for my Apple ID and password, but after having done this countless times, restarting Mac App Store, updating Snow Leopard, I still keep getting this Connection Failed message. Is anyone experiencing this too? Or is it just me?
I'm having the exactly same problem. I managed to find a couple of "solutions" that worked for some people, but none of them is working for me. This is a serious mindbender for me.

Audiofile

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
Same problem with the App Store here.

I also can download from the iTunes Store. Can't view my account either.

Jurko

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
Guys, I've solved the problem. And it's actually pretty simple.

I've tried couple of things when dealing with this issue. None of them seemed to work. Good thing is that I now know why.

I've dealt with these questions and conducted mainly the following:
  1. Do you have any cracked apps installed that have been recognized previously by Mac App Store? (e.g. FaceTime)?
  • I've downloaded "MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7" and extracted the "AppStore.app" from this bundle with Pacifist.
  • Before that, I've deleted Mac App Store with AppZapper by simple deletion.
  • I've also deleted "com.apple.appstore" from Library/Preferences.
  • Some people at Apple Discussion Forums solved this by repairing permissions of some "Public 3 Class" certificates within KeyChain Access.

My solution was: "Repairing Little Snitch rule to Mac App Store app" as it was set to "Deny" to any outgoing connections.