Connection Interruptions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by er15, Jan 26, 2015.

1. er15, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

er15 macrumors member

Hi guys I recently purchased a Macbook Pro Retina in September 2014. Recently I've been having troubles with my network connection. Usually my net will work fine and then not fail to load pages and take forever. This problem is resolved by turning off my wifi connection and then turning it on. Now I'm getting frustrated with this method as it tends to disrupt my work and other activities I'm doing. On other computers this problem doesn't occur, neither the iPad or even Windows pc.

Any ideas what to do?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It's a Yosemite problem.

All my Macs have this issue.

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

If you turn off Bluetooth does it improve?

4. er15 thread starter macrumors member

I'm still running Mavericks, haven't upgraded just yet which is annoying considering everything else is fine for my family except my Mac.

I always have my bluetooth off, as I never use it.

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Then you may well have a failing WiFi card, you should get it serviced. Does it do the same on other WiFi networks?

----------

LOL - yjchua95 - you were going to get caught with that approach sooner or later. Why not suggest he buys an SSD too :rolleyes:

6. yjchua95 macrumors 604

An SSD wouldn't solve connectivity problems for the lad, would it...

Besides if you look around, there's plenty of wi-fi problems with Yosemite amongst others.

7. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

No but suggesting EVERY performance issue should be fixed by installing an SSD is just as nonsensical as suggesting ALL Wifi issues are down to Yosemite.

Asking more questions would do no harm, wild generalisations is not the same as troubleshooting.

Yosemite WiFi issues are obviously irrelevant to Mavericks.

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Then name me a bloody situation where an SSD installation didn't solve performance issues.

Besides, I'm doing the lad a favour by suggesting to get rid of the slowest thing in a computer.

Even if generalisations don't help, at least it gives others an awareness about something. For instance, I just made others aware that Yosemite has its fair share of wi-fi issues.

9. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Users get an accurate awareness by finding threads that match their issue and setup and have a good resolution described. To propose your post as helpful in any way to this user is totally inaccurate.

There are too many situations to list where a performance issue is not caused by disk access, that is different to suggesting that any machine in general can be made faster with an SSD....that is simplistic in the extreme and not helpful to the many on here who dont have $$$ to throw at an SSD just in case it will mask the issue.

10. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It's not meant to be helpful, but to give a general idea.

How about this then. In general, any machine with a HDD can perform far better with an SSD. Unless, of course, the SATA cable happens to be on its way out.

I get your point, but the problem is, most people who complain about slow performance don't have the faintest idea that it's their ancient spinning platter that is preventing their machine from going at full power. I've come across too many of them.

It's like having a BMW stuck in first gear with that HDD around.