connection kit disable camera app mount filesystem

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by borisvian, Jul 11, 2011.

1. borisvian macrumors newbie

Can somebody help me to disable the automatic start of the camera up and mount the camera as a disk on jbme3.0 with camera connection kit?

2. borisvian thread starter macrumors newbie

At first I just try to disable the automatic start of the MobileSlideShow.app (aka Photos), anybody knows where can I do that?

Thanks for your help!

3. Anup2104 macrumors newbie

You don't really need to disable that unless it's specifically annoying to you.

To have it as a mounted drive install iFile (costs a few $ but well worth it), which will show it (you need to do the essential upgrade from Cydia first if you haven't done so).

4. Jus711 macrumors member

I'm having the opposite problem, my sd card shows up in iFile through the cck, but the Photos app doesn't launch upon insertion of the cck like it used to

5. borisvian thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer but it doesn't show up in iFile.

I use the USB connector to the camera, but all I get is the Photos app started.

I don't see the new disk device in /dev/ either.

When you connect a camera do so see the content of the card in the camera?

6. borisvian thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anybody managed to mount the filesystem from any camera with the USB camera connection kit?

Thanks for your help!

7. borisvian, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

borisvian thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems the MobileStorageMounter ignores the camera since it's a ptp device, just sends out a notification PTP device attached witch kicks out the Photos app, and the Photos up reads up the content of the camera through the ImageCapture private framework :(

This actually makes sense since my camera doesn't support USB Mass Storage option.

kernel[0]: AppleD1815PMUPowerSource: AppleUSBCableType USBDevice
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBArbitrator::handleUSBCableTypeChange : Leaving device mode
    kernel[0]: AppleSynopsysOTGDevice::handleUSBCableDisconnect
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBNub::withProvider : allocated new nub 0x8206b600
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBNub::initWithProvider : finished nub init
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBArbitrator::updatePublishedNubs : publishing nub 0x8206b600 for usb-ehci
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBNub::withProvider : allocated new nub 0x8334b200
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBNub::initWithProvider : finished nub init
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBArbitrator::updatePublishedNubs : publishing nub 0x8334b200 for usb-ohci0
    kernel[0]: AppleS5L8930XUSBPhy::powerUp : with_hsic: 0
    kernel[0]: AppleS5L8930XUSBPhy::enableHostMode : enable: 1
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBArbitrator::enableDeviceClock : enable: 1, index: 1
    kernel[0]: AppleEmbeddedUSBArbitrator::enableDeviceClock : enable: 1, index: 2
    MobileStorageMounter[175]: (0x3efb448c) usb_attach_callback: Inspecting the attached USB device
    MobileStorageMounter[175]: (0x3efb448c) inspect_usb_device: kUSBCompositeClass
    MobileStorageMounter[175]: (0x3efb448c) inspect_usb_interface: USB device Interface: 6 Subclass: 1 Protocol: 1 LocationID: 17825792
    MobileStorageMounter[175]: (0x3efb448c) inspect_usb_interface: Posting a notification that a PTP device has been attached
    MobileSlideShow[158]: objectInfo: <PTPObjectInfoDataset 0x1cd00aa0>{