Connection timed out! MacBook Pro 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Krissypantz2828, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

My internet connection keeps dropping every 2 seconds. I've tried trouble shooting on my own but nothing works. I think it has something to do with that fact that my airport completely disappeared out of thin air and I can't find it anywhere for the life of me. Please help!

2. sarthak macrumors 6502

Could be either a hardware or software issue. Consider the following:

- Go to System Preferences -> Network -> Click Wireless -> Hit the - Minus button -> Apply -> Reboot -> Go Back and then hit the + Plus button and add Wireless again if it didn't automatically show up.

- Have you tried creating a new user account or using the guest account to see if it works fine there?

- Did you drop the notebook or use it in a case?

- How far is your Base Station?

- Does Bluetooth work fine?

- Do you still have Apple Care?

3. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

No Apple care left. Base station not far. And Bluetooth works fine as far as I know. The macbook is only 3 months old and didn't drop it. I will try what you said. Hopefully it works :/

----------

Crap that didn't work.

4. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

5. luisito macrumors regular

luisito

Have you installed the recent update that addressed and fixed WiFi issues?

6. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

How do you not have any warranty left after 3 months? They come with a 1-year warranty (In the US).

Do you live in a populated area? Do you see ANY other wifi connections in the wifi drop-down menu on the menu bar?

Do you have a smartphone with wifi, is it able to see and connect to your wifi?

7. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

No? I thought that update was just for iTunes or something!?!?!? Ok I will have to update :) thanks

8. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Wheres this update? Its only an iTunes update!

----------

Yah but I cant call them.....My phone service or something ran out!

9. luisito macrumors regular

luisito

Here is the recent update that addressed and fixed all MBA WiFi issues. Here.

10. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

This is why sometimes I HATE apple, I love their products but WTF! That link you sent me was fine, but the download link was broken...like seriously...why would their internet connections just fail like that? Now I have to plug in my phone and use my freaking data just to download something for this macbook to work..ugghhhHH!!!!!!!

----------

Well actually I can install by opening airport utility apparently....but my airport utility says there is no configured airport station...OMG!! I have no patience for this..lol...seriously!!

11. luisito macrumors regular

luisito

Tried it and you are right. The link is broken.

Have you tried using the "Software Update" feature to see if its there?.. (This would be ironic because your WiFi doesn't work. Lol.)

----------

Patience is a virtue, that is why you are getting so frustrated.

12. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Yah I looked and it's not there :( on chat support with someone from apple hope they can help

13. luisito macrumors regular

luisito

Chat Support?

You will have the most horrible time of your life. They are a sales department.

Simply call AppleCare, which you currently have, they will help you most effectively and you won't lose time.

14. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

They said they are going to give me a one time exception for someone to call me.. My phone support ran out 2 months ago! I just bought this macbook 4 months ago

15. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

I must've traveled through a time portal, suddenly it went from being 3 months old to 4 months old. I guess you found out the hard way by phone support telling you when it expired, which is at 90 days...3 months...so...if it's 4 months old how did your phone support expire after 60 days instead of 90? ;) It can be frustrating if you're so frantic that you're unable to deal with and relay the problem calmly and accurately.

I assume you don't have an Apple Store anywhere nearby? If you do then a "Genius" will be able to take a look at it since it's still under warranty.

I don't think you answered whether or not you have any other wifi-enabled devices or not and if you do if they, too, have problems connecting to your wifi. That would help nail down if the problem is with the Mac or your wifi.

Take a deep breath, calm down, and relax. Stressing about it won't get it fixed any faster.

16. carrion13 macrumors newbie

Macbook Air connection timed out

for me it worked!!! I originally had already set up the WIFI for my husband computer that is a MacBook air but the following day he was unable to log on to the wifi it keep popping a block saying connection time out? so like everyone else I like looking up a solution and I notice someone posted that I can go to< System Preferences> looked on the section when it said Internet & Wireless, click on Network>click on advance> look for the network and click on it> press the minus symbol> then click ok> then press apply.... your problem is resolve just re-enter the information over again and good luck!!!!