Connection timeout

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Magicland, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Magicland macrumors newbie

So just got brand new iMac. It's great of course... only problem is.. I can't get it online on the wireless. I figured it's the same reason i haven't been able to get the wireless on my Itouch to work.

A few months ago, we got a new Router, a Trendnet TEW-636GR and we had a guy from some computerhelp business install. But he musta' set up some kind of firewall or something, since it's only the macbook i'm writing this on now, and my moms pc that connects. anything else we need to connect it to a regular internet cable.

I figured out how to acces the web-based setup for the router, but have no idea what to do next.

Help?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. Magicland thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. its off

The problem when trying to connect comes after typing in the password, then it loads a little and then connection time out

4. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

I have the same issue. Strangely the Extreme BS had worked flawlessly for a few months previously, and then one day after turning off/on the problems came.

The only thing I can think of that may have made difference was installing 10.5.7 Could this be an issue..?

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

that sucks. It is definitely some settings. HAve you ever set up a router or been into the settings? I would definitely youtube it, but i would reset the router to factory settings. Usually you press the reset button on the back of the router for like 30 seconds and it will flash a bunch of lights and it is good to go. The ip should be http://192.168.1.1. so just type that into your browser and you will get into the settings and you can set up a password and security and anything you want.