Connection to time capsule lsot AFTER system restore

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by derschulze, Aug 1, 2012.

1. derschulze macrumors newbie

Hi,

my problem is kinda odd....there's two parts to the story...
    Part 1:
    I tried to upgrade my mid 2010 Macbook Pro from Lion to Mountain Lion, and was one of those people who got the: "Installation failed - your hard drive seems to be damaged and cannot be repaired" messages. After many efforts, I was able to restore to Lion through my Time Capsule backup.....to summarize that part - I could see the Time Machine Backup, but my hard drive didn't show up under the 'Select destination options'.......I sorted it out by using the Lion start-up DVD that I had thankfully burned at the time of the update, attempted the repair but got an error message at the end that the repair didn't work - However, I was suddenly able to see my hard-drive, and run the restore....I did the restore via wireless, which took ages but worked. For those who may wonder...I actually ran Tech Tool Pro the day before trying the Mountain Lion upgrade, and all was fine. I also did a verify disk under Lion after the restore to Lion, also no issues there.......

And now for Part 2, the actual issue I have now:
    I realized last night that whenever my Time Machine attempts to connect to the Time Capsule, the internet connection and the connection to the time capsule itself gets lost. It is also not possible to click on the Time Capsule under Shared Drives......whenever I do, it loses connection, and starts up again after about a minute.....so long story short.....after the system restore, I cannot wirelessly access the Time Capsule and my back-ups anymore (didn't try via Ethernet cable yet). I did some searching but couldn't find a solution, and then tried a few things - a hard reset of the Time Capsule, a reset to default factory settings, deleted the timemachine.plist file, etc....all didn't help. To be safe, I created a new Time Machine back-up on an external drive I have, and turned time machine backups off for now...but since this is no real solution I was hoping to find some help here. Any advice is appreciated!!!
    Thanks,
    Marc

2. derschulze thread starter macrumors newbie

Still not working

Anybody an idea? Still keep losing connection when trying to connect to Time Capsule.....