Connectivity Complications non-existent.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Blas, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Blas macrumors newbie

The apple watch user guide says there is a connectivity complication, as referenced here, https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd6ce85daf4 , but I cannot find it. Anyone else have info on this?

And to clarify I mean a complication, not when you swipe bottom-up to see your connection and I don't mean when the LTE signal appears in explorer dial.

2. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Its only available on the explorer watch face as of now. Weird that they list is as being available on all watch faces.

3. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

I assume it will come soon, maybe in the same update that brings Apple Music over LTE.

Another page describes how it will work:
    To me that sounds different to what we currently have on the Explorer face, which either shows cellular strength or nothing at all.

4. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Yeah, it’s definitely not available on any other watchfaces currently. Shame.

5. Blas thread starter macrumors newbie

The LTE signal strength showing on the explorer face is not a complication. That's different. See below from the user guide:

"Check cellular signal strength. Try one of the following when connected to a cellular network:

• Use the Explorer watch face, which uses green dots to show cellular signal strength. Four dots is a good connection. One dot is poor.

• Swipe up from the bottom of any watch face to see the cellular connection status at the top of Control Center.

• Add the Connectivity complication to a watch face. It tells you if Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) is connected to iPhone, Wi-Fi, or cellular. When connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, the complication displays the quality of the connection—good, poor, or bad."

6. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Thank you for pointing that out.

7. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502a

gatorknight904

wow...

Did not realize we were missing the connectivity complication. I wonder if someone with the beta version can confirm if it’s in the next release.