Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pancho92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Hi there,

These days I have been trying to syncro photos from my SE to my MacBook via USB connection, but it doesn't work, the MacBook (macOS Catalina) doesn't recognize the phone (latest iOS). The point is that it doesn't recognize my gf's Iphone 6s, too. We have tried to plug both phones to an iMac (macOS Mojave) and it seems to have the same problem.

Does anybody experimented something like that? I have been searching deeply but I didn't get any answer.

P.S.: All the recommended steps suggested by Apple FAQ have been tried, and they don't seem to solve the problem.

Thanksss.

Last edited:

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
It would help if you could list what you have tried so far. Restarted both devices? Unlocked the phone after connecting to the computer?

pancho92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2020
It would help if you could list what you have tried so far. Restarted both devices? Unlocked the phone after connecting to the computer?
Hi Eric! Yes, I have tried everything... Restarting all the devices, plug and unlock, plug unlocked... The problem seems to be that both computers don't recognize the iPhones, they don't appear at System Information > USB when I plug them. By the way, the power charging via USB does work in the computers, it's just they don't synchronize.

I have tried with an iPad, too. In both computers the problem persists. So I can only think about any software issue, but I have no idea.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Really weird to me. Maybe give Apple a call and let them investigate with you a bit. Best success!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.