connectivity issue public beta 3

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Drom, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Drom, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015

Drom macrumors newbie

since I've updated my macbook air to yosemite public beta 3 I'm having serious issues.

Basically the only things working normally are Chrome and Skyoe, everything else that needs a connection just doesn't work (starting from safari).

I already tried to flush DNS, do a power cycle, resetting the router and all the normal stuff like that.

I'm seriously out of ideas, can anyone help?

2. mwilkens macrumors newbie

Yes, saw this too

I had the same problems. Safari generally didn't work, even to connect to local sites; it would start to load a page, but never complete. Firefox worked intermittently. Mail would occasionally fetch a message or two, maybe once every few hours. In general, networking was just broken. This was over a wired connection, so unrelated to the WiFi issues, I guess.

I reverted to 10.10.2 and reported the problem to Apple.

3. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

What's the easiest way to do that?

4. mwilkens macrumors newbie

Restore from backup, I'm afraid.

5. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

If you are going to participate in the public beta test program, create a separate partiton and place the beta software on that. This keeps the offical OS X install uneffected by the beta OS X.

6. mwilkens macrumors newbie

FWIW, the latest public beta (14D105g) seems to be fine for me.

7. mb3152 macrumors member

I am still having the same issues on the newest public beta. Anyone else still having issues or know how to fix it?

8. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Having very similar issues with the latest public beta here as well. Glad to see it isn't just me, thought I was going crazy when I discovered that some applications (Chrome, Outlook 2016 Preview) appeared to continue to work as expected, while others (Safari, Mail, Lync) did not. I can almost 100% reproduce the issue by putting my MBP to sleep (closing the lid) and waking it back up. Always using wifi, haven't had a chance to test using ethernet (via adapter) yet. Reboot always resolves the issue.

Subscribing in case additional information is posted or a workaround is found.

9. mb3152 macrumors member

Update.

The newest beta *seems* to have fixed the problem. All my Apple applications have connectivity back. They used to lose connectivity about 5 minutes after start up, but I am about an hour post start up and using Safari to post this! :D

10. mb3152 macrumors member

Confident we are still working well. If you had problems, the newest beta should fix it!