Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mellowyellow4, Jul 27, 2016.

1. mellowyellow4 macrumors newbie

MBP mid 2010

I've searched long and hard on the web for an answer to this solution and nada.

* About 3 times a day my MBP unibody's wifi will cut out. Not just drop connectivity but 'disengage' for lack of a better word.

* The drop down box when you two finger click on the wifi symbol on the upper task bar where you can turn wifi on and off shows no networks and even though the turn wifi on off option is avail it does not work. It doesn't work even if you go to network settings.

* Now, before you say that this is possibly a wifi problem, I know for a fact it's not. It has nothing to do with my router network etc. I'm 100% certain that it has to do with my computer.

* This leads me to the question what to do? I've deleted the network files in the system file (I think that's what they're called) so the system creates new ones or something to that effect to no avail. I can still connect fine to wifi but the same prob still persists, random disappearance of my networks. The only thing that makes the 'reappear' is the restart my computer.

* I'm wondering if it's a hardware or software issue. If software I'm open to any and all suggestions. If hardware how do I know if it's the network card, antenna or other. Thanks

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Did you run the hardware diagnostics utility that's on the app DVD that came with your 2010 MBP?

3. mellowyellow4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just found it, i'll try it in a bit and post results

4. mellowyellow4 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the code that I received 4SNS/1/40000000: TCOP - 86.375

5. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

If you did a search for that error, it indicates a problem with an internal fan - nothing to do with the wifi. It may be that the fan is blocked or not working at all and causing extra heat. Take it to the Apple Store to get checked.