Connectivity ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by calm550, Aug 28, 2009.

1. calm550 macrumors newbie

Hi. 1st. post here & I hope you can help.
    A month ago, my friends & I bought 2nd. Gen. ipod touches & everything was tickertyboo.
    We had no problem with home or open networks & were very pleased with the product.
    All 3 of us are avid iPod fans, owning Classics & Nanos.

All of our machines have now stopped picking up networks.
    I appreciate this isn't a question to entertain "Techies" but it's either this or we all take a trip to the Apple store.
    Not having an internet connection is frustrating, no , maddening when you bought the device especially for that purpose.
    Do we have to resest the machine ..& how do you do that ?
    Will we lose all those contacts we've either added manually or saved from emails ?
    If I'm in the wrong section here, it was by mistake.
    But seriously, help, in plain English, would very much be appreciated.
    When I say we can't pick up networks , I mean there is no signal icon, nothing & we live in an area where you can walk down the street & use your laptop.

Help please.

Regards,
    calm550

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The most obvious thing you should check is to make sure WiFi is ON. Tap Settings, then WiFi. If it says OFF next to Wi-Fi then slide that to ON.

IF it's ON, but no networks are visible then there may not be any active within range. You might also try sliding "Ask to Join Networks" ON.

I hope that helps. If you've let a friend borrow your Touch then they may have turned WiFi OFF to irritate you.