ConnectPS3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Dec 30, 2007.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

So I heard that there will be a new version of Connect360 for PS3 but what I'm wondering is what's the difference between this and Eyeconnect (or something like that) right when I first turned on my PS3 last week I could browse my whole iTunes library from my PS3 (but only play my un-iTunes copyrighted music) and copy the music to my PS3's hard drive. So what's the difference? And, as many people say.... when will we have in game XMB!!!! lol :D

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's not looking so likely that we will see in game XMB soon.

Reason ?

Well it's been the one BIG bug bear that must have been thrown at Sony from ALL sides (media, critics, consumers) and yet despite 12 months later, and 6 or 7 big updates later there is still no trace of it.

Remember the XMB is based off the PSP's interface, and that neither has in-game XMB either.

Maybe they simply never intended us to do so, and when people started griping on about it Sony thought 'Oh Sh*t' and that's the reason for HOME! to manage friends and achievements... Because I know the majority of users would prefer a simple in game XMB interface that allows users to manage friends and messages, without having to boot into yet 'another' piece of software just to chat & send messages to friends.

I'm not saying that an in game XMB is not possible, just it must be harder for them to implement than it seems otherwise we would have seen it by now. And it also explains HOME!

I hail the day if and when we finally get it, but until then we will all have to just go :eek: and bare with it.

------

Connect360 allows you to stream ALL your 360 compatible movies, your entire iTunes library and entire iPhoto library.

I assume the PS3 version will do the same, when it finally arrives.

3. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

In-Gane XMB - they are working on it and it is the highest voted upon "anticipated" feature among GAP users besides playing your own music in-game at the official playstation website. When is anybody's guess but it will certainly arrive(though it looks like later rather than sooner)

4. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Eyeconnect let me watch videos, listen to music or pictures from folders on my iMac, and on folders within network / external drives attached to my imac.

My free trial is about to expire, and then I'll un-install. I've settled for using an external usb drive in place of eyeconnect. It fits my needs better.

Though eyeconnect does work really nice.

5. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ohhhh.... Eyeconnect is because I have EyeTV. I thought it just popped up.

6. Tclare macrumors regular

Can you use Connect360 to connect your PS3 to your Mac.

Tclare

7. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

They are making ConnectPS3 soon.