Connects to network but not internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mjwman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. mjwman macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro laptop running OS 10.4.11
    At home I am using it for web access via the AOL wi fi system without any problem.

We have a property in Turkey where my friend has the upstairs and internet and we share the phone and internet broadband.

People staying at our property usually can get access without problem. However I cannot , even upstairs next to the hub.

The mac connects ok to the network. The wizard tells me so, it is just the internet it will not get on to.

I have tried the last 4 times I have been over but get the same and I can not find anything else to adjust.
    Last week I connected with ethernet cable with the same result.

Can anybody please help me?

I am going again in May. I came back last night opened the mac I am on now and connected straight away!

PS. I had an IT guy in today to give last rites to my PC. He also has a similar laptop. He looked into mine and could see no reason for any problems.

Argggh I am going crazy over this!

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Can you post some screenshots of your current airport network settings on the MBP. Preferably the way it is set when you are there.

Might help.

3. mjwman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks you for your offer of help.
    I am sorry but I do not know how to save a screenshot or what the MBP is.....

However in an attempt to discover more of what I could tell you, I found that my Home network security was set to wep and the Turkish one was
    WPA personal. Also it was set on bluetooth and not Airport. Enough to make the difference?

I cannot say until I get back in June or on May 23rd when I arrive!

4. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57