Conntect my Mac to Vista to print

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NStocks, Dec 10, 2008.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

Hi,

I want to print my work to the attatched printer on the Vista machine. I have searched the forums and spent hours trying to get it to work but it still will not connect. Cany anyone help ?

Scenario :

My Mac on Wi-Fi
    Dad's Vista Pc with Router connected and printer connected via USB

I don't know how else to explain this, but so,eone with a clear understanding will probablly know what I'm talking about.

Thank You

NStocks

2. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I finally got it working, using a different link, it turned out that windows was the cause of the problem that wasn't allowing us to print.. typical:p

Thanks anyway

NStocks

4. djayz macrumors newbie

Can you post what you did in windows to solve this problem so as to help all the others out?

Thanks

5. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

Scroll down to the bottom of this link it has detailed instructions. Number 8 for the pc is the most important instruction that did it for me. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=362447&highlight=print+to+vista

there are many solutions but it's just choosing the right one that fits your situation !

Hope that helps.

P.S thanks to sammyman for forwarding the help, and whoever made the instructions ! :)

NStocks

6. djayz macrumors newbie

I guess it's different for XP :(

Anyone have any links for XP hooks ups? I don't see any windows printing under the mac printers, add more menu. It's a brother mfc 8460n all in one laser.