consensus on macbook air?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plunar, Aug 25, 2008.

1. plunar macrumors 6502

plunar

i know nobody knows, but i'd just like to gauge the what the consensus is on these boards as to whether or not apple will release a macbook air update in september. my wife needs it for class, but could stretch a week or 2 to wait it out. otherwise, it'd be a wasted effort if it's not out till oct or later - she can't wait that long.

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

I think an update is imminent. As far as time goes, September is being touted as the likely candidate. Unfortunately, I think it will be towards the end of the month, giving plenty of time after the school promo that is currently running.

3. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

We don't know when they're going to update the MBA. If you need it now, get it now. If you do not need it now, wait until you need it.

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I think we will see iPod updates in September.

Gut feeling. Don't expect to see an MBA update by then.

5. plunar thread starter macrumors 6502

plunar

my hunch is that they should come in sept - i mean, all the other portables current models were released after the current air. it seems odd that apple would let the air drag so long

6. thomasmallen macrumors newbie

September is way too soon for an upgrade to the Air, I think. I expect the update at this winter's MacWorld.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I am thinking somewhere after the first of the year.

8. plunar thread starter macrumors 6502

plunar

why do you guys think it won't come till the of the year?

9. thomasmallen macrumors newbie

I expect a major MacBook update, and probably a MacBook Pro update as well, this fall. It's unlikely that Apple will also include an Air update.

10. O. Frabjous-Dey macrumors regular

Wait for a couple of weeks. Last year, the September 5 event where Apple announced a bunch of new stuff was only announced on August 28.