Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Email Client do you Prefer?

• Inomail

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Aquamail

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • K9 Mail

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I've been looking for one since February, when I got my Nexus 4. I now have the HTC One and am desperately looking for a mail client that works with all my email addresses (iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo) and has the auto-fit feature.

I've tried K9, Stock Android, Stock HTC. Vote for which you like the best and explain why - I'll also put an "other" option for those who want to contribute ideas.

I'm hoping I don't have to spend $5 on a decent email client....

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm not sure who, but someone posted about how you can get all of your email clients to work in the default gmail app. If that is the case, that would be the best IMO....and hopefully at the I/O this will be address because the stock one (not gmail) is trash.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
I'm not sure who, but someone posted about how you can get all of your email clients to work in the default gmail app. If that is the case, that would be the best IMO....and hopefully at the I/O this will be address because the stock one (not gmail) is trash.

Hopefully the gmail UI sees an improvement too. Its amazing how gmail on iOS emulates sparrow in design but google hasn't done it on android yet and they bought sparrow. Would be a great update.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX

All except my iCloud as far as I know. I don't want to have to forward emails to gmail. My accounts are separate for a reason.

Essentially, I'd like to be able to respond from each and get mail from each individually through ONE email app/client that doesn't have the zooming problem and has a decent UI.

Also - push is a must.

I know i can funnel all my POP3 accounts through Gmail, but given iCloud uses IMAP, I can't throw it in there - which sucks as its my main email account.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
All except my iCloud as far as I know. I don't want to have to forward emails to gmail. My accounts are separate for a reason.

Essentially, I'd like to be able to respond from each and get mail from each individually through ONE email app/client that doesn't have the zooming problem and has a decent UI.

Also - push is a must.

I know i can funnel all my POP3 accounts through Gmail, but given iCloud uses IMAP, I can't throw it in there - which sucks as its my main email account.

try inomail..it works great. Interface is same as the iOS mail client. It has push, you can respond to your emails from any of your accounts..notifications etc..they're all in there.. i tried all of them... inomail is my choice!!

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Aquamail is good when it comes to zooming out and autofit. The UI is a little weird and takes some getting used to.

K9, as of 6 days ago, supports the ability to fully zoom out. However, you cannot get this version in the play store. You have to download it directly from the developers.

Ahh I wondered about that. I had read K9 supported the Auto-fit but never got any update on my Nexus 4 so I didn't download it on my One.

I really like K9 - might have to look into it again! Thanks for the link!

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Maildroid here too. The ui is beautiful and it allows you to zoom out and set that as the default view. It's also the only one I have found that supports push for yahoo mail.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Downloaded K9 to my One after grabbing that update from the dev through the link posted earlier in this thread.

I always liked K9 and now that they've fixed the autofit issue, I think I'll be sticking with it versus dropping another $5 for some other mail client.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

tayker

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2009
I've got Maildroid and K-@ Mail. They both are the same, really, but I think Maildroid looks better.

Late to the game, sorry.

I use both K-9 and MailDroid too. MailDroid seems to work on the HTC One with Android 4.3 to get iCloud email, and K-9 works with encryption.

bearda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA
Stock Kitkat Email, since it's one of the only ones that supports Exchange. I think Touchdown is the only other one that has a full Exchange client, and I wasn't too impressed by the interface.

If anyone else knows of a client with EAS support I'd love to try it.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
The only email I care to check on my phone is my gmail so I just use the gmail client. Everything else I rarely ever check and most of my other accounts are for junk mail anyway.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
The only email I care to check on my phone is my gmail so I just use the gmail client. Everything else I rarely ever check and most of my other accounts are for junk mail anyway.

After being dissatisfied with any other email client, I just decided to have my Yahoo mail pulled into my Gmail account as the Gmail app is by far the best email client available on Android, IMO.

hardz10

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
UK
Cloudmagic gets my vote. A relatively new app. The only one I could actually get iCloud to push to my S4. Great design, not feature full but gets the job done for my needs.

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
I used stock on my nexus 5

all my accounts are gmail.

I do prefer the iOS mail app, but stock android one is decent enough.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
I use the Mailwise Beta, it can be a little bit battery hungry. It is hungry enough to appear on my battery list, but always at the bottom. Looks nice.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Since I created this thread, KitKat has released with a VASTLY improved stock mail app.

Thank Google for listening!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.