Consensus on the best Android Mail client

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by jrswizzle, May 13, 2013.

?

Which Email Client do you Prefer?

1. Inomail

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Aquamail

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. K9 Mail

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. Other

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I've been looking for one since February, when I got my Nexus 4. I now have the HTC One and am desperately looking for a mail client that works with all my email addresses (iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo) and has the auto-fit feature.

I've tried K9, Stock Android, Stock HTC. Vote for which you like the best and explain why - I'll also put an "other" option for those who want to contribute ideas.

I'm hoping I don't have to spend $5 on a decent email client....

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I'm not sure who, but someone posted about how you can get all of your email clients to work in the default gmail app. If that is the case, that would be the best IMO....and hopefully at the I/O this will be address because the stock one (not gmail) is trash.

3. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Hopefully the gmail UI sees an improvement too. Its amazing how gmail on iOS emulates sparrow in design but google hasn't done it on android yet and they bought sparrow. Would be a great update.

4. jrswizzle thread starter macrumors 603

jrswizzle

All except my iCloud as far as I know. I don't want to have to forward emails to gmail. My accounts are separate for a reason.

Essentially, I'd like to be able to respond from each and get mail from each individually through ONE email app/client that doesn't have the zooming problem and has a decent UI.

Also - push is a must.

I know i can funnel all my POP3 accounts through Gmail, but given iCloud uses IMAP, I can't throw it in there - which sucks as its my main email account.

5. vhl71 macrumors regular

try inomail..it works great. Interface is same as the iOS mail client. It has push, you can respond to your emails from any of your accounts..notifications etc..they're all in there.. i tried all of them... inomail is my choice!!

6. strausd macrumors 68030

Aquamail is good when it comes to zooming out and autofit. The UI is a little weird and takes some getting used to.

K9, as of 6 days ago, supports the ability to fully zoom out. However, you cannot get this version in the play store. You have to download it directly from the developers.

7. jrswizzle thread starter macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Ahh I wondered about that. I had read K9 supported the Auto-fit but never got any update on my Nexus 4 so I didn't download it on my One.

I really like K9 - might have to look into it again! Thanks for the link!

8. Explicitic macrumors 6502

9. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

10. viskon macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated. :thumbup:

11. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Maildroid here too. The ui is beautiful and it allows you to zoom out and set that as the default view. It's also the only one I have found that supports push for yahoo mail.

12. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I've got Maildroid and K-@ Mail. They both are the same, really, but I think Maildroid looks better.

13. jrswizzle thread starter macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Downloaded K9 to my One after grabbing that update from the dev through the link posted earlier in this thread.

I always liked K9 and now that they've fixed the autofit issue, I think I'll be sticking with it versus dropping another $5 for some other mail client.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

14. tayker macrumors newbie

Late to the game, sorry.

I use both K-9 and MailDroid too. MailDroid seems to work on the HTC One with Android 4.3 to get iCloud email, and K-9 works with encryption.

15. bearda macrumors 6502

Stock Kitkat Email, since it's one of the only ones that supports Exchange. I think Touchdown is the only other one that has a full Exchange client, and I wasn't too impressed by the interface.

If anyone else knows of a client with EAS support I'd love to try it.

16. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

The only email I care to check on my phone is my gmail so I just use the gmail client. Everything else I rarely ever check and most of my other accounts are for junk mail anyway.

17. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

After being dissatisfied with any other email client, I just decided to have my Yahoo mail pulled into my Gmail account as the Gmail app is by far the best email client available on Android, IMO.

18. hardz10 macrumors newbie

Cloudmagic gets my vote. A relatively new app. The only one I could actually get iCloud to push to my S4. Great design, not feature full but gets the job done for my needs.

19. Navdakilla macrumors 65816

I used stock on my nexus 5

all my accounts are gmail.

I do prefer the iOS mail app, but stock android one is decent enough.

20. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I use the Mailwise Beta, it can be a little bit battery hungry. It is hungry enough to appear on my battery list, but always at the bottom. Looks nice.

21. jrswizzle thread starter macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Since I created this thread, KitKat has released with a VASTLY improved stock mail app.

Thank Google for listening!

22. scott craft macrumors 6502a

Thanks for mentioning this. Mailwise looks really nice.

23. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Do any of these sync exchange notes? I know touchdown does but the iface is terrible.