Conserning all former macbook pro users, little opinion thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brosmooth, Jun 10, 2009.

1. brosmooth macrumors member

brosmooth

Ever since Apple announced the 13 mbp, there have been a ton of new users and people in the mbp forum talking about their new mbp 13". Do any of you feel a little mifed about this, b4 it seemed like a right to be able to get into the mbp forum, you payed all this money for your big machine and now you have a mbp and should go to the mbp, power book section.

Anyone else feel this way?, i mean dont take me all serious, take this with a grain of salt or w.e, i know its not a big deal, its not making my life worse by any means, but still. What do you original mbp and new mbp owners feel?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I couldn't care less about it
    It is a name of a computer... and it doesn't define my life

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

I don't care.

The 12" PowerBook was at roughly the same price point, too.

If you do care, you might want to go see a shrink.

4. Lipstick macrumors member

If anything, the change brought me over to Mac. I don't understand why people get all worked up over a name.

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

It's because the new 13" Macbook Pro harkens back to the day of the 12" Powerbooks, something people have wanted since the introduction of the Macbook Pros. So hence why alot of people are getting a bit giddy over it all.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Giddy over the computer... yes, it is a great niche
    Protective over a name/status/etc.... not so much

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i dont get this

this is like the same computer that has been offered for a while now but with a different name

crazy what a name change will do to people

8. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Does it really matter? Do you feel like high class owning a Macbook Pro? Like you're better than Macbook users?

Come on, it's a computer, this is the internet, it's a forum where we talk about things and help one another. Having a Macbook Pro is not a status, grow up.

I bet you own a Mercedes, and park it at the end of the parking lot away from all of the other "sub-par" cars that aren't worthy of being next to your hoity toity Benz.

I've went from a first-gen Macbook Pro to a Unibody Macbook, and now to a 13" Macbook Pro. I don't feel any "better" than Macbook users because I purchased a "Pro" machine.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You know, all this time, I thought the entrance fee into the forum was $0. I read it all the time, and I haven't owned a MBP ever, nor have I owned a PowerBook since 2005.

10. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

That's what I was trying to get at :p

11. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...what's so "pro" about any of the "new" MBP's anyway?

Nothing earth shattering about any new design that wasn't already mostly avail , new battery life is nice but at a cost of making it user "un-friendly"...

12. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

the forum probably needs to be split up. B/c basically all the threads will be here. Since it appears that the MB forum is gonna shrivel up some

13. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

Well now that they have come out with a watered down 15in MBP with just a 9400m it's hard to justify any sort of separation between the forums.

14. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Im talkin, maybe, PB, MBP classic, The half year UNI, then the 13 thru 17 lineup

15. Skydiver32 macrumors member

It's bewildering how pathetic this and other threads like this are. :(

Maybe, you should petition Apple to design a new product line, charge double the value but call it "Superstar" or "I am Special" or simply "Look at Me!"

16. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

17. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

O, rite, were supposed to talk about our feelings. Um well, i dont really care, im not looking to buy and i still have FW 400-800, express card, DVI, and removeable batt. so im happy

18. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

The only sensible way to split them now IMO is by size 13in, 15in and 17in plus MBA. The iBook and 12in PB fit in with the 13in category. Otherwise now there really is no big tech specs to differentiate the laptops. What a bigger screen and nvidia 9600M, then on the 17in an express card slot and another USB port. Sure the processors are a little faster but these are all pretty much the same beasts now and if you are shopping for one you kind of fit the bill for the others, so I think size makes the most sense.

19. iSavant macrumors regular

I won't :rolleyes:

20. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Actually, keep it the same. But just make opinion threads a banable offense. Opinions are like butt holes, every body has one, no body cares about yours, and the only one that matters to you is your own.

21. bov macrumors 6502

22. tseitz89 macrumors member

making the 13in "pro" is fine its just like the 12in powerbook, however taking away express card in the 15in is not "pro" at all

23. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

I don't care about any naming convention and end of the day Apple maybe bringing in some low cost tablets or something else to fill in there bottom tier of product. There is always a reason for a name change and this very well could be it, it is about product identification in the manufacturing world. Anyway does not matter to me but I will agree taking the Express card slot away was a bad idea. That slot has many uses besides downloading a SD card. I use mine for a external e-sata drive and many power users this is a very valuable connection. Honestly making it a SD slot just made it more a consumer model and I'm glad I bought my 2.93 15 inch right now. I don't care if it is only 10 percent of the users that use the Express slot if you do the math on total sales of laptops that 10 percent is a big number. Also even if you are not using it today does not mean you won't later on when and if things change to your working style. Better to have that option available than put something in that has only one use. To me this was a bad call

24. Evolesque macrumors member

I realize not everybody pays that much money for a macbook pro.
    I bought my penryn model in december for $1270 something out the door brand new. And a lot of smart shoppers go for refurbished units which do not cost nearly as much. Heck, amazon has decent deals on the first unibodies. There are different ways people can buy into macbook pros and only 1 way is full price. I personally don't mind the new posters, there suppose to be here.