Conserve Space on Your Dock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by John Doe 57, Jul 25, 2008.

1. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Stacks is a great new feature with Apple's Mac OS Leopard. Stacks can help conserve space on your Dock. Here are some photos and tips on how to maximize your Dock's potential:

If your having to use a microscope to see icons on your Dock, then there is a problem. If your like me and have many similar applications, this tip is a must.
    1) First select your applications wherever they may be. You can hold down the Command Key and click on your applications like here in the picture:

[​IMG]

2) Then make an Alias of each application by going to the File Menu and selecting Alias. Or you can press Command L.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3) Then move the Alias' to a folder wherever you want it to be. I made a folder which will hold all my Alias'. I also deleted the ending Alias from all my new Alias' file names.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4) Once you have a folder with your Alias' in it, you can move that folder to your dock. I must be placed on the Right-Hand side of the Dock.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5) Then you can click on your new folder and it will open in Stacks mode. Clicking on any of the Alias' will open the application. This will save a lot of space on your Dock!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

nice, just a mention similar method can be carried out in Tiger. You just need to right-click the folder on dock, rather than left click

Attached Files: