Consider me a switcher.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MattJessop, Apr 24, 2007.

1. MattJessop macrumors regular

MattJessop

Hey,

Wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post in, but ah well :)
    Basically, just wanted everybody to know that I've decided (after extensive research) to make 'the switch' and purchase a Macbook. (the middle model)

I've considered this for some time, and seeing as I'm going to University in a few months, coupled with a huge amount of trouble with Windows recently that's driven me insane, I looked in OS X, and found it to be what I felt would help me greatly at University.

I've tried using Vista, but I felt it just isn't the direction I felt P.C's need to be going. It's changed a lot under the surface, and is definitely an improvement but at the end of the day, it's still running on the same code as XP, and Microsoft needs to cut lose the dead weight of 'legacy support'.

OS X just felt simple, fast and fresh to use, and as opposed to windows, wouldn't require high maintenance or reinstalls every so often. For Uni I'd just want something that I can rely on to work, and to get the job done.

The community in Mac's also seem a lot more like a close knit family than the Windows side, and for the most part (with the exception of the "OMGWINDOZESUXXORS" zealots), you seem a fair and balanced group :)

I'm not saying that OS X is perfect, it has it's flaws of course, but I feel that it's just what I need right now, and hope that you guys can rejoice in having converted yet another user to your fold :p

(plus, I can now wear black turtlenecks and feel smug)

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Hi!

LOL...sounds like you're going to fit right in here. :D

Make sure you make a post in the Official New Members thread as well.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

4. Frohike macrumors regular