Consider Problem! With my jailbreak ipod touch 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by namcoexedgar, May 29, 2009.

1. namcoexedgar macrumors newbie

I have my ipod jailbreak to 2.0 at my friends house, but now I had develop many things in my ipod touch and I didn't want to delete them and start again, such as my gpsphone game save. My problem is now I don't know how to view my files to back up such as my game saves. So I can jailbreak with my Mac computer. How could I view my files to backup in this situation? (P.S My friends jailbreak my ipod with a vista, and I use a mac?)

And please look in this thread when so ever unless I replied. I will tried to keep up looking on this site. Thanks

2. Robotouch macrumors member

You cant really save information like that,

Some of it may be saved when you do a back up in itunes and as far as i know some app information can is saved to a seperate part of the ipod
    I can't guarantee anything though

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ignore the above post you CAN save your game saves but you will need to SSH into the device and find the saves and rom folder then copy them to PC and when you re-jailbreak just copy back to appropriate place.

you will need a program like cyberduck on your mac and openssh installed on the touch, when your setup you need to get the ip address of your touch (can be found in the properties screen of wifi connection in settings), enter the IP address into cyberduck then use the login details:

login name: root
    password: alpine

it may ask about a key just accept this and you will then continue to login

find the folder for your game saves and roms copy them back over to pc.

you can also semi backup your cydia installed apps, install aptbackup on the touch then open it and click backup, you will next need to backup your iPod in iTunes via right clicking on iPod in left hand menu.

restore...... re-jailbreak (DO NOT setup or restore the iPod or sync it yet), install aptbackup next in iTunes restore your iPod to the last backup......... load aptbackup click restore leave your iPod and when your iPod reboots you should have your apps back.