Considering 23" cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jodles, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Jodles macrumors regular

Hi all!

I'm considering getting the old 23" Apple cinema display second-hand off of Amazon.co.uk for this years studies. I have two relevant questions:

1) Does anybody have experience in whether the display is large enough for two documents side by side, and how is text rendered?
    2) Is it silly to get the old 23" instead of, say, some newer Dell 24"? (The LED 27" is a bit out of my price range...)

2. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Is it the 23" Aluminum models, or plastic ones? The Aluminum models are still quite good, though by now the backlight has probably dimmed. I would inspect it in person before buying it to see if its up to your standards.

Also, I wouldn't purchase it unless the price was right. New 23" HD displays can be purchased for $250-300 which will probably look just as good, if not better (though perhaps the viewing angles won't be as hot)

3. Jodles thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your input, CubeHacker!

I'm starting to think it's not a good idea, as I can't really move around to inspect it before purchasing, and some models reportedly have problems (especially early ones)...

Maybe I should just buy a bigger Mac instead... :D