Considering "27 iMac but work with PC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mstew201, Nov 2, 2009.

1. mstew201 macrumors newbie

I am just about to buy the new iMac but wanted to see if anyone has worked transferring files between platforms. I do a lot with Flash on a PC at work but want to know if I can bring those files home and work on them on the Mac and vice versa? Thanks in advance.

2. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

I tend to have mixed result with file compatibilities. Your best bet is to take some of your work to a mac store and check for compatibility yourself. At least one computer should have adobe suite installed.

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Should be fine. If you NEED Flash, etc. for developing, do VirtualBox and Windows, or VM Fusion, or Boot Camp.

I checked out the new 27" at the store recently, and WOW!!! Beautiful box...

4. mstew201 thread starter macrumors newbie

They are amazing looking. Then again I havn't upgraded my home system since college. I'm still running a G4 Cube on the clear "17 CRT so anything looks good to me right now. Any thoughts on how the new iMac will handle AE?

5. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Most will work fine.

The again you can always install a Microsoft OS on your Mac along side OSX, and boot up into that when you need to.

6. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

What program are you using to work your on your flash files. Transferring files between PC and Mac is really not an issue. You just have to have software on your Mac that can work on the files you are bringing over. For example PC Photoshop files are the same on Mac and you can go back and forth without any problems. You just have to get the Mac version of Photoshop.

It will be the same for whatever program you are using. Find out if they have a Mac version or if there is another software that will be able to do the job. If you can't find any then you can always install Windows on your Mac. Apple's decision to use Intel chips has made switching over to Mac real easy because you can always install Windows for those few programs you can't find on Macs.