Considering a 16gb ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davedadon, Jul 7, 2008.

1. davedadon macrumors newbie

ok well im considering a 16gb ipodtouch

i wanna hack it and all dat, and i heard that it wont be possible for a long time after the 2.0 upgrade

i only have 8-9 gb of music but lots of vids, but i aint shelling out no damn $500 for a 32gb

im hearing about price cuts and all of that, but i havent seen anything official from apple or huge hints like there were for the iphone 3G

so idk if i should get it tomorrow or not

2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

It definitely cannot be commented upon whether the 2.0 firmware will be hackable or not!

I strongly suggest you wait and watch for yourself! Get it after 11th! You'll also get the 2.0 firmware free or else you'll have to spill out some bucks if you purchase the touch before that.

P.S.: Why do you want to hack it? 2.0 will have the App store with lots of free apps! I don't see a big reason to go the tilted way!

3. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Eh, I don't know about buying right now. After the 3G comes out and everyone starts realizing that they can get 16gb for $299 of iPhone but only 8gb of iPod Touch there's gonna be trouble. I realize with the contract it is in fact much more, but upfront it appears cheaper. I think there will be lots of mumbling and grumbling to Apple and they will drop the price a couple months after 3G is unleashed. It's your call though, if it were my $$ I would save it or buy a 5G video ipod on the cheap at ebay to get twice the storage as a touch.

4. davedadon thread starter macrumors newbie

ahh true, forgot the app store will have free stuff
    hopefully good free stuff, as im seeing games out for the touch that are user-made that i wanna play

5. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

If you do want to hack it, 2.0 will most likely be hackable within a few days.

I don't recommend hacking though, I'd stick with the App Store and all the cool official applications.

I'd definitely get one tomorrow, it's such a great device!