Considering a 6s+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hypertc13, Sep 11, 2015.

1. hypertc13 macrumors regular

I am considering ordering the 6s plus tonight. Have any of you 6 plus users regretted getting the phone? Do you find it too big on occasion or would you never go back? I went into the apple store today and played around with it a bit. I would love the screen size and extra battery life, but don't know if id get tired of how big it is. I'm coming from a 5s currently.

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. derekmess macrumors member

I'm also considering going from a 6 to 6s Plus and am so excited

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

You won't regret it. Once you get used to the screen size you'll wonder how you ever got by with the smaller screen.

4. Orangeman13 macrumors regular

Orangeman13

Never. I love it for gaming, watching videos and surfing the net.

5. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

i went from 5s to 6 plus, and wound up returning it and getting the 6. I have bigger hands, so that wasn't the issue, I just realize I use my phone one handed WAY too much to justify carrying around a 2 handed device all day. Might feel a lot different now that I have the watch, but. It was just too big.

6. invisibleshoes macrumors regular

I have child hands so it doesn't work for me, otherwise, the screen quality and camera (OIS) is tempting.

7. ngaham macrumors regular

ngaham

I can second this. I originally got an iPhone 6 and then got a 6+. Glad I made the transition. I am a shorter person with smalller hands and I still like the larger phone.

8. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I got a Plus last year and I regretted it when I realized it's downright cumbersome to use in most settings outside of the house, especially taking quick pictures. I replaced it with a 6 a week or so later and am much happier doing so. I loved the screen quality and OIS, but it wasn't worth the tradeoff in my opinion. Plus, phablets can look downright goofy if you ask me.

It might be different with people who have larger hands, but, in general — I would evade the Plus unless you really, really want it. Take a few inches off the girth of an iPad Mini and you have a Plus, if you need a real quick comparison to go by.

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

OP, I understand your predicament as I've been agonizing over the choice too. It's a tough one to make. In the end, I've decided to go for the Plus and I'm coming from a 5s. In the end though, it's completely a personal choice and the only way is to use it and find out what works for yourself. Best of luck on your decision though and I hope it's the right one for you!

10. Che Castro macrumors 603

Go for it , is like having a phone and tablet all in one

11. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

My hands are on the smaller side, but I'm going for it. 6 to 6S Plus.

12. FoxD macrumors 6502

Smaller hands but will never go back. Love the Plus. You learn to hold it different and still one hand it.

13. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Truth be told I love the 5s form factor... But I'm a sucker for everything new iPhone. So I have to have the plus. I like it, no complaints here.

14. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Order it. No need to debate. You have 14 days to take it back and get a 6 if its too much after a few days. If you could do with a 6S but wonder about a 6S Plus, go bigger first then step down.

There are times when my 6 plus is too big but to be honest those times a 6 would be too. Running, a 4S would be ideal since all I need there is a conduit for music and a way to call for help. So, for me its something I live with and 90% of the time enjoy. Meh, try it.