Considering a Brother Color Laser but have Questions.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jaybar, Nov 13, 2010.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502

jaybar

Hi

I have several questions:

1-If you want to print a document in B&W even though it has color, is that possible?

2_I have a router with an ethernet connection. Is there any advantage of wireless? The cable is not an issue as I use an iMac and printer is next to computer. Is wireless faster?

3-If it is an all in one, how easy is it to scan/copy/fax.

4-I need to do 50 sheets of labels at a time, w/o feeding single sheets. Are the all in ones capable of this?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Nope, sorry, you'll never be allow to use black and white on the same page at the same time, unpossible. You can do very dark blue though; that would be good. :rolleyes: Of course it can print black and white, otherwise it won't be a very good printer now would it?

Some printers are wifi capable, some are not, some are ethernet only, some have none. All depends on the printer you're considering --- you've never said what model it is. Many brother printers don't have any networking and thus you'll have to connect it via USB to your LAN by using a print server. If the model has WiFi, that's good and makes it easier to move around. If the model has Ethernet then you need a cable. Ethernet may be faster, but not likely noticeable.

Depends on the software / hardware, can't tell you without knowing what one you're considering.

Labels always have to be careful about, cheap labels do have a tendency to peal off and get stuck internally -- that can kill the printer. Most printers have a way to let them pass directly through. Often the sheet feeder doesn't work right, but I have found that most modern printers are quite good at handling labels (and most modern labels, good quality, have no problems either).

3. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502

jaybar

Let me clarify

suppose You have a multi color web page to print, but you want to print it in
    B & W only. Is that possible?

Jay

4. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Depends on the printer and the capabilities of the driver, but generally, yes. (There's usually a "use grayscale" option somewhere that will do what you want.)