Considering a new Air, but I have concerns

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stockcerts, Jul 10, 2013.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

My employer is going to begin allowing us to use our own laptops at work. We use low-end PC's at work, and I hate spending 40+ hours a week on a system that sucks. So, I'm considering spending my own cash on a new MacBook Air, which I'll also enjoy outside of the office.

My only hesitation is the wifi issues that got so much bad press not long ago. Do you think this issue has been resolved in the newer production lots, or are we waiting for a software update?

Any input is welcome. Thanks!!

2. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

There really is no wifi problem. A bit overblown. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Tarrou8 macrumors member

If this was a widespread issue, everyone on this forum would be hollering to high-water at the heavens.

4. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

It seems to be a software problem. Not for everyone, though (I for one don't have any issues).

Anyway, you can just buy one and ask for a replacement if there's anything wrong with it. It's faster than you think.

5. johnjey macrumors regular

LOL....your CONCERN should be about playing NETFLIX HD videos or battery drain by FLASH video's or WINDOWS 8 or MS OFFICE on this machine and not a wi-fi minor and way too overblown bug that IS NOT there in most of the machines and is barely a minor software glitch

6. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

I placed my order this morning. I orderted the 11" with upgraded SSD and memory. I'm hoping for a fast shipment. I may consider selling my iPad now that I have a MacBook Air on the way.

Thanks for the input!

7. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your upgraded 11" (I've got the 11/i5/8/256 as my everyday work device. But keep your iPad. You'll still find it quite handy for web surfing etc on the couch or on the go.