Considering Bento 2... Any Reviews

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by icloud, Jan 28, 2009.

1. icloud macrumors 6502

I've been considering purchasing Bento 2 and was wondering if anyone on Macrumors has experience with the app. I'm going to try the trial version but interested to see what other forum members think of the app.

Thank you! :apple:

2. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

I think you may have your answer..... I bought Bento 1 and I'll never give them another penny,,, If they hadn't taken down all the complaints from the Bento 1 users you would see how unhappy a lot of users were with them when Bento 2 came out... Last I looked you could still only use it on one computer, no file sharing and report printing was still awful and thats just the stuff I was waiting for,, lots of other stuff others were waiting for.... They put out version 2 with very few bug fixes or things people were waiting for and wanted everyone to pay full price again and still not fixed...

3. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

it depends on what you are using it for. Some things it does well, for others not so much. Can you elaborate?

4. icloud thread starter macrumors 6502

A 6-month project is coming up and it looked like a handy app for storing addresses, contacts, schedules, and seemed pretty flexible from an initial first impression.

5. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

That's about the project size that Bento targets. FMP would probably be overkill. You should download the trial and see if you can get it do what you want. Not much to lose. You can always move the file over to FMP if Bento isn't powerful enough.

6. icloud thread starter macrumors 6502

6 months from now Bento 6 will be prob. be out. I'll do what you suggest, try bento for a couple weeks and see if dropping 50$ is worth it.