Considering buying a 24" iMac...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Drmom7310, Aug 27, 2008.

  1. Drmom7310 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    #1
    Right now we have a 2.8 GHz 2005 Gateway 7310S with 504 MB that runs on Microsoft Windows XP. I'm thinking about getting a 24" iMac. Should I wait for the new one to come out (Which I have heard is in about 6 months) or just buy it now? (Because of the School Discount also)
    I don't think I really need an iMac now, but is the new one going to be much different?
     
  2. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2004
    Location:
    Florida
    #2
    That won't be a significant change in the Imac. New processor, new video card etc possible but it's like waiting to buy a 2009 Honda Accord when they are discounting the 2008s. If there is no difference in the model other than some more bells and whistles, why not save some money.
     
  3. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2002
    Location:
    Akron, PA
    #3
    Or, you *could* wait til the new ones are introduced, and pick up a possibly more discounted refurb of the current generation, saving a tad bit more money.
     
  4. Galley macrumors 65816

    Galley

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
    #4
    Buy a refurbished model of the latest generation today from store.apple.com, and use the savings to buy AppleCare from Amazon.com. :)
     
  5. AsianGIRLpure macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2008
  6. Drmom7310 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
  7. The Hammer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2008
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada

Share This Page