Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drmom7310

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Right now we have a 2.8 GHz 2005 Gateway 7310S with 504 MB that runs on Microsoft Windows XP. I'm thinking about getting a 24" iMac. Should I wait for the new one to come out (Which I have heard is in about 6 months) or just buy it now? (Because of the School Discount also)
I don't think I really need an iMac now, but is the new one going to be much different?

SDLSteve

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2004
Florida
That won't be a significant change in the Imac. New processor, new video card etc possible but it's like waiting to buy a 2009 Honda Accord when they are discounting the 2008s. If there is no difference in the model other than some more bells and whistles, why not save some money.

dotcomlarry

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Akron, PA
Or, you *could* wait til the new ones are introduced, and pick up a possibly more discounted refurb of the current generation, saving a tad bit more money.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Buy a refurbished model of the latest generation today from store.apple.com, and use the savings to buy AppleCare from Amazon.com. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.