Hi, before I start I must say I've been purely a "PC" user for years, often a DIY'er with ATX case-type parts and mods. But long story short, I'm underwhelmed by Vista. So please sympathize for this Mac newbie. After numerous visits to the local Apple store, I got pretty impressed by the form factor of the 17" MBP, but then upon doing some casual homework on the internet, I found some possibility of alarming problems. Now obviously it's pretty hard to receive reactions from the Apple store folks without bias. So I turn to MacRumors. I did some searching on the forum before this post, but can't come to a general conclusion about some considerable issues: Does the MagSafe melt/break easily? Some posts suggest the WiFi and MS cluttering heat up everything near the corner, eventually leading to the meltdown of the MagSafe connector parts, or at least that seems to be the consensus on Apple's own online store section. I've searched and read on the audio hiss/whine/pop/crack or even "R2D2" mass complaints. Now I already did my best to wear a portable cheap pair of earbuds (probably around 10-16ohms of impedance) to Apple store to plug into the test models on display, and did hear some form of static during a test run with iTunes. Unfortunately, the Apple store's ambient noise level was nothing like a home, office, or hotel. And to complicate the evaluation, I use a pair higher impedance headphones (40 ohms) at home, which is rumored to reduce the effects of the audio circuitry's flaws. It would have been pretty awkward for me to lug the home headphones to the Apple store. So can any MBP owner help verify this? I plan to use the MBP for my audio mixing and sampling hobbies aside from daily tasks (and perhaps a few games via BootCamp.) Although absolutely amateur and unprofessional, such audio issues may be considerable for me. Also, I'm too impatient to send in and wait for a MBP/MagSafe charger and suffer tech downtime, let alone assuming the high price of the charger beyond warranty grounds. Oh yeah, in case if you're wondering, I do plan to wait until WWDC passes, in the (imo not TOO likely) odds that MBP or MagSafe receives a significant update. Thanks!