Considering Buying on Black Friday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ManBearWaffle, Nov 24, 2010.

1. ManBearWaffle macrumors member

I was going to wait until the next Macbook Pro came out to buy my first Mac laptop (I currently have an iMac), but then I heard about Apple having a black friday deal, so maybe I'll get a laptop then. Also, my iMac needs a new display, so I'm hoping to have a computer I can use while Apple is fixing mine.

Do you think I should wait until the new Macbook Pro comes out or should I take advantage of the deal? If you don't think I should wait, can you recommend a laptop for me? I'm not really sure which laptop will best suit my needs.

Things I always have running:
    Path Finder
    Postbox
    Dropbox
    iTunes
    Google Chrome
    Adium
    Rdio Desktop

Things I use often:
    iPhoto
    Gimp/Photoshop/Pixelmator (I haven't picked my favorite editor yet)
    Minecraft (game)

Battery Life:
    I'm rarely away from an outlet, so battery life isn't a big deal. However, I would like to be able to get away from my desk for a few hours, even if it's just to go to a different room. Anything that gets above 4 hours in real world use would be great.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

better deals are more likely at Amazon or MacConnection or MacMall. See the opening page of the MacRumors site.

Updates are most likely going to happen in April of 2011.

Any MBP would suit your needs; I don't see anything requiring a high end cpu. No idea about minecraft though.

3. ManBearWaffle, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

ManBearWaffle thread starter macrumors member

April isn't that far away. Maybe I should just wait. I can get the student discount later on, which will be about the same as the Black Friday deal.