Considering buying rMBP, help please!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zheray94, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Zheray94, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013

Zheray94 macrumors newbie

I really want to buy the 13in rMBP for school this fall, and even though I haven't seen any legit rumors of an update this year, has anyone heard there may be one? I don't want to buy one and then another come out and I miss out on the Haswell or perhaps ac wifi...help please!
    Also, how do you guys think it would do running AutoCAD?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If you want one now, then go ahead, but yes, Haswell is in the pipeline. As to exactly when that's going to happen is anyones guess.

I have the 13" rMBp with the 3GHZ CPU, 8GB RAM and the 500GB SSD option. It's a very fast machine, and I don't notice the lack of real estate at all, even though I came from the monster cMBP 17"

Best thing to do is to go along to your nearest Apple store and get hands on with them...Then make your choice from there. As far as Haswell goes? It's all just speculation at the present time.

3. mcarling macrumors 65816

The Haswell upgrade is not going to be a dramatic improvement. If you need a MBP now, buy one now.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

There was a leaked benchmark a few weeks back that showed a 13" rMBP with a haswell CPU and Iris 5100 graphics.

So the better graphics performance is probably the main improvement in an updated 13" rMBP. It's likely that they will be released before the end of the year but nobody here knows for sure when that will happen.

There have also been rumors of a slightly thinner design for the new 13" rMBP:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1589776

5. VanillaCracker macrumors 68020

VanillaCracker

I'd definitely wait for the graphics bump. Other than that, and the most probably design change (thinner and lighter, as the rMBP 15") it's not too much change. I would say for the 13" it's definitely worth the wait. However for the 15" it's not worth the wait at all

6. Zheray94 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone. Any guess when we could see the next gen?

7. iPoopeh macrumors regular

iPoopeh

As someone stated, we are not sure when the Haswell rMBP is coming out. However, rumors point to a October release.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No one really knows except Apple. The current guess is the September/October time frame. Any later then that and Apple misses the important Holiday sales

9. mcarling macrumors 65816

It's simply a question of when Apple can receive enough Haswell chips from Intel.

10. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

i agree,

i have a the 13" rMPP , standard i5 , 128 , 8gb and i upgrade my ssd with the aftermarket owc ssd.

works great , especially paired with a ACD.

i would see it hands on , to really respect what you are buying.

11. borgqueens macrumors member

borgqueens

That plus the retina displays

12. mcarling macrumors 65816

Only if Apple have decided to use different Retina displays, which is speculative.

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I believe Apple is going to release Haswell based rMBP next month because Apple knows students are starting to go school/college… :apple:

14. Zheray94 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone, I just had asked if you guys knew because this is the only site I follow so I have a good chance of missing a rumor or two.

15. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

I didnt go through the entire thread, but if you were willing to wait, another improvement that the next rMBP might have would be a longer battery life.

Just throwing it out there :)

As for being worth it, if you spend countless hours staying in front of a screen, this would definitely be worth it due to less eyestrain because of the much clearer display.