Considering buying these, will they work?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stagecustom, Sep 12, 2007.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

Hey guys, i am currently looking at seriously replacing my CRAP cyber acoustic speakers that i paid 12 shipped for on ebay back when i had a iMac graphite!:eek:

i have a 360 and a HD dvd player, i also will use it for my computers sound (there in the same room)
    to do this i'm using a audio switch currently (seems to have NO lost quality)

I am basically wanting to know if these speakers will actually be 5.1?

Or will they just have the same stereo sound coming from all of them (so just like what i have no but duplicated) or will there actually be different things coming from the rears, the satellites and the centre channel?

let me know what you guys think, otherwise i will be buying a OLD cheap receiver and hooking up 2 bookshelf speakers with NO sub. what is a better plan?

:apple:

2. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

I have searched the forum and found NOTHING on these speakers.
    does anyone know about what i asked? will these play real surround if the sources is maybe via hd dvd, or 360 games etc.

let me know. i will buy them (online so i wont be returning them)
    it says something about Matrix Mode? which turns stereo to 5.1 somehow:confused: wouldn't that just be a fancy name for the same stereo sounds coming out of all the speakers.

please try to put some input in. :)

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

No, they will not. In order to get 5.1 out of your Xbox 360 you need to hook it up via the optical cable to something that can decode Dolby Digital audio. That would require something like the Logitech Z-5500's (which I own and swear by).

4. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

so the centre channel and rears will output the exact same thing as the 2 stereo front ones?

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Well, the rears will. The center would probably output nothing. Those are designed to be fed three mini-jack analog inputs as would come out of a PC sound card.

6. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

your sure? its says it works with 360s in the review, also whats that matrix mode about?

7. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

if killmoms is saying that the centre channel does not work what so ever, and the rears wont be putting out any different audio, why are they selling as 5.1?
    :confused:

8. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

just found some for 100 CAD from craigslist. they are the Logitech 5300. Now will these produce real 5.1 sound? they say THX certified etc.

let me know. And what is this matrix mode? does anyone have any experience with it?