Considering canceling my 15" MBP order.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Amorie, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Amorie macrumors newbie

Amorie

I was so excited for the new MBP, but not sure the specs are worth it. Touch bar seems "neat" but not worth the price you pay for it.

Any ideas? Should I just get an Apple 2015 refurb instead?

2. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

What I say to anyone - since you already paid for it, wait for it to get shipped, toy around with it, like it, keep it, don't like it, return it.

3. bobosing316 macrumors newbie

bobosing316

If you are comfortable with the money you are paying for the new model, Go ahead.
    But if you are still in the process of thinking ( like me), I will wait for more reviews for the new model before making make moves.

For your info, I dont feel that the old 15inch model will to very inferior to the new 15inch. The thing that hold me back is the battery which is abit old (which maybe manufactured since last year)

4. monkeydax macrumors 6502

I wonder what kind of response you get from creating this thread. Go ahed and cancel it! If you're wiling to put down the money for the 2016, then don't cancel it.

5. nordique macrumors 6502a

It's subjective. My friend who just got it today is incredibly happy with it. (But then again he gets a sizeable discount since he works for apple)

Benchmarks aren't too different from last years model (some people are benching it a bit slower actually) but this is the way intel chips are these days. SSD speed will make it feel quicker in several years though (longevity is a plus)

But again, it's subjective. I'm in Canada and I think is a waste of money for the specs you're getting...might as well save hundreds of dollars and get the older model souped up instead considering how small the gains are in the specs department

6. Brandon Hobart macrumors member

Brandon Hobart

Yes, now that you have made your mind about getting it, plus you already have paid for it, so you should wait and explore it's features. If you don't feel that it's worth your money, you can go ahead returning it :)

7. dk808 macrumors 6502a

If you cant afford it cancel. If you can, keep it

8. Rian Gray macrumors regular

Rian Gray

Nobody can really help you, since you didn't describe your use case. At any rate, if it is the spec you need, (or just best bang for the buck) you might even want to consider PC laptops.

9. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Cancel it. That way those of us who KNOW we want it can get it instead.

10. Antairez macrumors regular

Antairez

You have something called RETURN POLICY. I mean its your computer please do make up your mind yourself, did you vote for any presidential candidate because someone else told you so?

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

At this point, why not wait until you get it, then use it and see if you want to keep it or not.

What's the price difference between what you paid for the 2016 MBP and what you're willing to buy on the refurb store?

Don't forget that the new 15" has a faster chipset, dGPU, brighter more vibrant screen.. To be sure, it lacks certain things which may or may not be important to you but there's no reason to rush to cancel it.