iPad Considering First Ipad!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tomallyn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. tomallyn macrumors newbie

tomallyn

Okay I just recently purchased my 1st iPhone I purchased the 5s, because I like the size as its easier to keep in a shirt pocket.

Its my first Apple product and though it took me a bit to get used to it I love it now. Now I'm considering purchasing my first Ipad. However, I have a difficult time justifying the price of a Ipad Air 2 price. If it would be a good primary computing device with a wireless keyboard added I could justify it. I'm not a power user I just computers for web surfing, Facebook with my family and a few friends, a couple forums, emails, and the occasional document for which I use Google Drive to create it. I also use Quicken for tracking my personal finances. I'm kind of wondering if Ipad Air instead of the Air 2 would be a better choice for me since I can get a refurb from apple for a pretty good price?

I also Window 8.1 laptop so if I needed to I can use it on occasion. I'd buy a Mac of some sort, but I just have a hard time with spending the prices Apples wants. Then again I absolutely despise windows 8. I suspect its is bing pretty good on a touch screen tablet.

2. dannyyankou, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

3. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Get the Macbook Air.

The iPad is 'basically' a secondary device for people with a lot of money.

Also for people who can't afford a laptop, or want to save, as you can get them for less than a laptop.

Or for people who just want one and are sure about it, as it works fine as a primary computer, just not nearly efficient and user friendly as a laptop.

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Well, not really. The iPad itself can be a fairly productive device if need be. It's also much easier to tote around the house than an MBA. I don't get your "advice" here at all.

To the OP: for your usage, the Air would be fine and there are refurbished ones available at the Apple Store which will save you a few bucks and you'll still get a great tablet.

5. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Yeah right, coming from a Macbook user :D

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

You might want to take a look at Quicken's mobile app and make sure it will do what you want. Likewise with accessing Google Drive (I don't use either, so can't advise on them.) Assuming that both of these things will work for you in their mobile forms, I see no reason not to try out an iPad.

And I'll third the recommendation to pick up an original Air if the price tag on the Air 2 is more than you want to pay. Apple refurbs are always an excellent lower priced option, as they come with the same 1 year warranty as the new ones.